Carlotta Dalia was born on August 25, 1999 in Grosseto. She began studying classical guitar at the age of 8 with M° Alessandro Benedettelli, continuing her studies under the guidance of M° Aniello Desiderio. For six years she followed the Advanced Specialization courses held by M° Carlo Marchione at the Civic Schools of the Arts in Rome. At the age of 14 she was admitted with full marks to the three-year academic programme at the “R.Franci” Institute in Siena, graduating at the age of 18 with full marks. Subsequently she obtained the second level Academic Diploma at the ISSM “Luigi Boccherini” in Lucca in the M° Giampaolo Bandini classes.
In summer 2017 she attended the courses of M ° Oscar Ghiglia at the prestigious Chigiana Academy of Siena, obtaining the Diploma of Merit. She attended advanced courses and masterclasses with M° Leo Brouwer, M° David Russell, M° Frédéric Zigante, M° Zòran Dukic, M° René Izquierdo, M° Adriano Del Sal.
She is currently following Laura Young’s classes at the Mozarteum in Salzburg. She gave her first solo recital at the age of 12 and performed in Festivals and Concert Seasons in Italy, Spain, Germany, Austria, Portugal, Poland, Hungary, Sweden, Russia, Ireland, Switzerland and Japan etc.
At the age of 16 she recorded her first “Gran Solo” CD that was presented at the radio studios of Vatican Radio. The radio program was “L’arpeggio” , conducted by Luigi Picardi. The CD was then published in the most important world online distribution stores by the DotGuitar / CD record label. In 2018 she released her second album for the “Suonare News” music magazine.
In 2020 she recorded two new projects for DotGuitar / CD i.e. “Angelus” and “Ida Presti complete solo guitar music” which will also be distributed by GuitArt magazine during 2021. The “Angelus” CD takes its name from the homonymous Sonatina in three tempos dedicated to her by M ° Gilardino in August 2017. In 2021 the DotGuitar / CD record label released a series under her name, the Carlotta Dalia Edition, which in addition to the 3 CDs already published, will contain numerous other record projects to be released in the next years.
She was a guest of radio broadcasters such as Rai Radio3, La radio della Svizzera Italiana, Il Sole24Ore. Since the beginning of her artistic career she has won more than 40 awards in national and international competitions, including:
- 1st Prize – 2021 Concurso International de Guitarra de Madrid, Spain.
- 1st Prize and Audience Award – 2017 International Competition “Uppsala Guitar Competition”, Sweden.
- 1st Prize – 2018 “BorGuitar” International Competition, Borgotaro, Italy.
- 1st Prize – 2018 International Competition “Claxica”, Montese, Italy.
- 1st Prize, Special Prize as best Italian interpreter and Special Prize for the best interpretation of a piece by Leo Brouwer – 2019 “Niccolò Paganini” International Competition, Parma.
- 1st Prize at the International Altamira Guitar Competition – Hong Kong, China 2020.
- 1st Prize at the International Florida Guitar Competition – Miami, USA 2020.
- 1st Prize at the Market Competition of Gorizia, Italy 2020.
- 3rd Prize – 2018 17th International Jan Edmund Jurkowski Guitar Competition, Tychy, Poland.
- 3rd Prize – 2018 61st International Tokyo Guitar Competition, Tokyo, Japan.
- 3rd Prize – 2019 International Competition “Alexander Frauchii” – Moscow, Russia.
Carlotta Dalia plays an instrument built by the luthier M° Andrea Tacchi.
Since 2016 Carlotta has been a D’Addario Artist and since 2020 she has been an artist of the “Adopt a Musician” Foundation in Lugano.